WELCOME

Mad love to all of those who share their opinions freely :)

Thursday, December 13, 2012

           On Friday December 7th at 10:00, Asher Roth and White Panda rocked the crowd in Alumni Hall. I went with my all of my room mates in supplemental. The concert was free and you didn't need a ticket. The only thing you needed was your id card to show that you were a Penn State student. First we went to Walmart and bought glow sticks and bright colored shirts to wear. Everyone was holding or wearing them when we got there. The lights were flashing bright colors. There were at least 700 people there. On the stage, there was DJ equipment, belonging to Wreckineyez, everywhere all glossy and organized. We were not in the very front but we were more towards it than the back. People were pushing and shoving before the concert started but I was taking in the atmosphere so i didn't mind.
           Wreckineyez started out taking the show over, he was mixing stuff on turn tables and grinding out sounds that made the crowd roar. The lights and the commotion was all so much to take in. It feels like the music is flowing through you.
           When Wreckineyez started playing "We are the Champions" that it when Asher Roth came out on stage. He is most famous for his hit song "I Love College", which was written after a visit to Penn State believe it or not. He opened his set with "Bastermating" I am pretty sure which set the tone for the night. Everyone was jumping and singing to the lyrics. The lights were flashing and the music was turned up loud.
           Asher jumped into the crowd and then when he was back on he invited two people up to sing with him. I wish i were in the front for that! Then at one point there were people crowd surfing and my friends and I heard that a girl was dropped from like 8 feet in the air and then stomped on. We heard she is okay though thank goodness. After that he performed "I Love College" which had everyone screaming and jumping. 

          

  Unfortunately we left after Asher performed and didnt get to see White Panda. It was a really fun time and I am really glad that I went. There are more concerts coming up like Lady GaGa that I am also hoping to go to!!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment