WELCOME

Mad love to all of those who share their opinions freely :)

Friday, September 28, 2012

    I thought the arboretum was very fun. On one boring afternoon i was going to take my friend Caroline there, but we went to the creamery instead because it started to rain. It was full of lush wildlife and lots of flowers and plants that I could take pictures of. There was just an atmosphere of serenity that surrounded the place and filled it with pleasure and excitement. Every time I tried to leave there was something that always caught my eye at the very last moment that made me stay just a few moments longer. I got pictures of sunflowers and pretty orange flowers too. 
            My favorite thing about the garden was that It was so big. I would maybe get lost in it, but it would make it a fun adventure. I could easily spend a whole afternoon taking pictures and posting them to Instagram. I personally am a nature lover. I like being outdoors. It is very enjoyable for me to sit outside and smell the flowers and air all around me. 
   When if first got to the Arboretum, I was lost. It was really confusing and I didnt know where to look. I was following a path that was not leading me in the right direction. Then I cut across a huge field and made my way over to where the rest of the class was. When I got there, at first, I still was not impressed yet. As i was told to go check the place out, that is when the fun began. It was almost immediate. I turned the corner an saw the most amazing blue and pink flowers. They were the first ones i saw. They were so florescent and bright that it was impossible to miss. I kept walking and saw a patch of sunflowers which reminded me of home because my mother planted sunflowers in our garden when i was little and they are still there. As I kept walking more and more plants just flashed out and caught my eyes. Some of them I had never seen before, others just looked better than they ever could. Even though I was walking with my classmates, i felt like nobody needed to talk. Occasionally there would be the mumble of how much someone liked a particular plant, but for the most part for my group, it was just a peaceful stroll through a beautiful place. 
     When I was a little girl, my grandma would take me to this place called Linden Hall. It was an all girls private school, but on the weekends nobody was there. She would take me to the back of the school where there was a huge pond with cherry blossom trees and horses. Linden Hall also had a garden. It was nowhere near as extensive and full of variety as the Arboretum, but it was elegant in its own way. It was so beautiful in every season of the year. The Arboretum reminded me of Linden Hall and i will most certainly go back.

3 comments:

  1. Brittiny--

    I love that this place brought you back to memories of your grandmother! Glad you enjoyed.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar place when I was younger too! That's so cool that you had a similar experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you were very honest at first when you were talking about the garden, saying that at first you were unimpressed but then you grew to like it. I'm glad you liked it though!

    ReplyDelete